This traverse through Inter-Andean Mountains and Vales courses through Moniquira, Santa Sofia and Villa de Leyva amidst rural roads, manors and peasant farms legendarily used by the territory’s populace. Travelers will have the opportunity to take a closer look at the peasant lifestyle and visit indigenous ceremonial grounds. All that and a world of adventure, camping, bonfires, temazcals (sweat lodges), horseback riding and much more.
Medium demand hiking tour with an accumulated height difference of 600 meters (at its lowest 1,900 meters above sea level, and at its highest 2,200 meters above sea level). Suitable for travelers with good health and physical conditions up to 72 years of age. 5O minutes on car the first day. Duration: 3 to 6 hours of daily hiking approximately. Moderate weather conditions during daytime and cold climate at night with probability of mild rains. Adequate trekking clothes and shoes are a must.
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION: Hotel –Villa de Leyva Hotel.
DEPARTURE TIME: 9 AM, please be ready to depart 10 minutes before the aforementioned time.
- Lead and local experienced secondary guides.
- Accident insurance.
- Entrance fees.
- Transport first day.
- Horse backriding from The Valley to Villa de Leyva.
- Specialized equipment and instructors for extreme sports.
- Camping equipment: Tents and thermal insulators.
- One night at the Renacer Hostel with multiple accommodation. If the traveling party requests private quarters, an additional fee of 40,000 COP per person will be added.
- One-night camping by the Moniquira riverside.
- One night at Finca Arca Verde and/or camping.
- 3 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners.
- Two double refreshments for the second and third hiking days.
- Medical supplies and logistics support.
Sleeping bag. Guide gratuity. Non-specified expenses in the hiking plan. Bilingual Guide (Additional Cost, options: English & French. Ask for the price).
- Carry 1 small backpack for the hiking portions of the trip, a reusable water bottle and a lantern.
- Carry 1 big backpack to transport your sleeping bag, toiletries and other items that will be needed during nighttime. The big backpack will be transported in a vehicle and every traveler will find theirs upon arrival at the selected sleeping place. If the traveling party wishes to, it may leave its luggage at Renacer Hostel and take only the essentials for the Mountain Tour.
- Sleeping bags are a must (Average altitude 1,900 meters above sea level). Maximum temperature during daytime: 75 °F. Minimum temperature during nighttime: 46°F.
NOTE: PRICED PER PERSON BASED ON TWO PEOPLE, FOR MORE PEOPLE REQUEST A QUOTE.
Please note that any tour must be booked in advance to ensure the availability of guides.
Please contact us by email before making an on-line payment.
For more information please reading our Terms and Conditions.